It’s not only the beautiful weather and outdoor lifestyle that entices people to Arizona from all over the world—it’s the calendar of events!
Did you know that Arizona hosts an international film festival? For 21 years now, the Sedona International Film Festival has been serving up dinner and a movie with quite a cast of characters—feature and independent films, docus, shorts, student and foreign films.
For those of you already in the know, the much-awaited festival schedule was announced a couple months ago, and it looks like they are serving up a smorgasbord of awesome award winning options.
We know your calendar is probably full, but you’ll want to make room for a day or so, February 21 through March 1, and don’t forget to cast your vote and have a say in the Audience Choice Awards.
A special tribute celebrating the 100th birthday of the director and actor Orson Welles will highlight this year’s festival with a retrospective look at his work headed up by his daughter, Beatrice, who lives in Sedona.
Some of the fun:
- Priority Tickets and Seating
- Filmmaker/VIP Lounge
- VIP tickets to Kick-Off Concert: The Larry Dunn Orchestra – Feb. 20
- Premiere Night Special Event and VIP Reception at Sound Bites Grill – Feb. 21
- “Oscars on the Rocks” Academy Awards live telecast – Feb. 22
- Premiere Night Film Screenings & VIP Reception – Feb. 23
- Premiere Night Film Screenings & VIP Reception at Reds – Feb. 24
- Premiere Film Screening & VIP Reception at Heartline Café – Feb. 25
- Filmmaker & VIP Get-together – Feb. 26
- Red Carpet Gala at Enchantment Resort – Feb. 27
- Cast Party Gala at Hilton Sedona Resort – Feb. 28
- Awards Ceremony — Sunday, March 1 — Poco Diablo Resort
With nine days with more than 160 films, the best deal is to purchase a pass but there are some great ticket packages as well.
This is so much more than just dinner and a movie, the Sedona International Film Festival attracts more than celebrities, filmmakers, and film buffs; it attracts some of the best talent in the industry world-wide.
It’s an amazing festival with an amazing backdrop—the red “rocks”!