Whether you are thinking about selling your home, or enjoying it for many years to come, these curb appeal and backyard remodeling ideas can help you increase the value of your home.
We all love our homes, but sometimes we don’t love particular things about them. Sometimes it’s something that came with the house; other times it’s something you loved years ago, but just don’t love anymore.
This is why renovation TV shows and home and garden magazines are so popular — we’re all looking for that special something that will make the outside of our homes feel particularly perfect for us.
We are real estate experts in Scottsdale. Because we love sharing home enhancement ideas, we’ve put together a series of blog posts that can help you to make the changes you’ve been longing to make to your Scottsdale home.
Here are the Matheson Team’s top design ideas for curb appeal and backyard remodels that will increase your home’s resale value:
- Doors: One of the most impactful changes you can make to your home is to change out its standard door for a custom door. For example, you may want to consider a wrought-iron door, because, on top of durability, wrought-iron doors are easily customizable, and are therefore an easy way to make your home stand out from its competing listings.
- Shutters: Shutters add visual interest to your home, and are a quick and easy way to elevate your home’s overall look. In addition to the varied styles of shutters to choose from, shutters can be made using different materials, so you can pick and choose shutter attributes that will best complement the overall design of your home.
- Gates: Gates can be used in a variety of ways – they can delineate the space of your courtyard or entry way, block your driveway or act as an added security measure. But on top of their functionality, gates can help play up the overall style or theme of your home. Live in a Southwestern-style home? Add a wooden gate. Live in a Mediterranean-style home? Opt for wrought-iron.
- Backyard: Scottsdale is one of the best areas in the country to invest in a home’s backyard. With our nearly-year-round sunny weather, any day has a good chance of being clear and beautiful, so why wouldn’t you want to spend time outside? There are a variety of additions that can be made to enhance the functionality of a home’s backyard. We recommend investing in pools, outdoor fireplaces, patios, outdoor kitchens and backyard putting greens.
- Front Yard: Here, it’s all about curb appeal, curb appeal, curb appeal. As the first and last thing a buyer sees, you want to make sure this area is in tip-top shape. When considering front yard improvements, think about generating specific areas of interest by adding color and texture. While it helps to have some consistency, you don’t want everything to be too matchy-matchy. Have fun creating a space as layered and as interesting as you are.
Like this post? Make ScottsdaleRealEstate your go-to source for home improvement ideas. If you’d like to talk to a real estate expert on The Matheson Team today for more ideas on how to increase the value of your home, give us a call or send us a message by filling out the contact form below.