The preservation of the historic neighborhoods is a top priority for the City of Scottsdale, which offers a variety of programs to help homeowners in these areas rehab and preserve the exterior of their homes. Scottsdale has 3 official historic districts: Village Grove, Town and Country and Villa Monterey. These neighborhoods were built in the 1950’s and 1960’s.
Programs available and already funded by the City for homeowners in historic neighborhoods include:
- The Neighborhood Clean Up Program – this is free for residents in any area of the city
- Scottsdale Tool Lending Truck/Program
- Scottsdale Roll-Off Program
- Neighborhood Enhancement Partnership Program – matching dollars for neighborhood improvements in mature Scottsdale areas (up to $2500 per year)
- Exterior Rehab Program for Homeowners in Historic Districts (one-time, up to $7,500 matching funds for exterior improvements)
- Home Improvement Workshop – the first workshop was held on November 1st at Scottsdale’s Skysong complex. City of Scottsdale leaders with experts from Salt River Project, Paul’s Ace Hardware and Harper’s Nursery, guided the workshop and provided home improvement tips, as well as information on the programs listed above. Stay tuned for more information on future workshops.