Buying or selling a luxury home is different from any other type of real estate transaction – and if you’re thinking about diving into the market, you need a REALTOR® who specializes in upscale homes.
But not all real estate agents are the same, so how can you figure out which one is right for you?
This guide explains exactly what to look for in a luxury REALTOR who’s qualified to help you buy or sell your home in Scottsdale.
4 Qualities Your Luxury REALTOR Needs
Most people buying or selling luxury real estate in Scottsdale find it’s best to work with full-service teams that include highly experienced, award-winning agents. Industry knowledge, local expertise and an impressive network are all must-haves.
1. Luxury Property Experience
Many new real estate agents are incredibly talented – but they don’t have the experience necessary to understand the nuances of marketing luxury real estate properties. Experienced agents who have spent several years dealing in luxury real estate, particularly in the Scottsdale area, are your best choice if you want to find the right luxury home, or get your luxury property in front of the right buyers. They will be more familiar with the Scottsdale neighborhoods you’re considering, precise in their property search efforts and innovative in their real estate marketing techniques. When you’re considering a multi-million dollar transaction, you want to have a trusted partner who can guide you.
2. Scottsdale Real Estate Expertise
A good agent is familiar with his or her market, but a great REALTOR is one who lives and works in the same market every day; that’s the best way to truly understand it. The Scottsdale luxury real estate market is unlike any other in Arizona. Our city is home to:
- Exclusive golf communities
- Dozens of luxury neighborhoods
- Several full-service spas & resorts
- Five luxury shopping centers
- Countless award-winning restaurants
- Breathtaking hiking experiences
- Luxury car market
Local experts can do more than just connect you with the resources you need during the buying/selling stage, such as provide referrals to home improvement contractors, professional stagers and mortgage lenders. Your real estate agent should also be able to clue you in on what you really need to know about an area – like Scottsdale’s best restaurants, shopping experiences, and local events.
Explore Homes for Sale in North Scottsdale Now
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
3. Impressive Networks
The right Scottsdale real estate team for your needs includes agents who have vast networks of buyers, sellers, contractors and other local professionals. That comes with experience and local involvement – and not all agents are able to fill those shoes. You need a REALTOR on your side who knows who’s who and can put you on the right path to a successful transaction.
One way to find a REALTOR who has a large network is to look for a real estate agent who is active on social media. This is a great way to find a team who prioritizes relationships and knows how to put their best face forward.
4. Full-Service Real Estate Teams
There are many complexities involved in buying and selling luxury real estate. It is a bigger job than one real estate agent can handle. A full-service real estate brokerage handles everything for its clients.
For sellers, a full-service team will:
- Not only list your home on the market, but will often offer enhanced marketing services designed to sell your home faster
- Provide professional staging to maximize the full aesthetics and features of your luxury home
- Coordinate the legal aspects of your real estate transaction
- Keep you informed throughout the entire process from start to finish (and keep in touch in the future, too)
For buyers, a full-service real estate brokerage will:
- Leverage their networks to find the right luxury property that meets your needs
- Negotiate the best price and terms for the luxury home you want to purchase
- Help you identify the resources you need to support your relocation to Scottsdale
- Offer additional market insights and niche industry expertise
If you’re looking for a full service luxury real estate team, The Matheson Team is one of the top RE/MAX in Arizona. We’ve sold more than $1 Billion in real estate and over 2,500 properties since 1996. As Scottsdale residents, we understand what makes our market unique and would be honored to help you with your next real estate transaction. If you need a partner, feel free to drop us a note.
Are You Selling a Home in Scottsdale?
If you’re thinking about selling a home in Scottsdale, call us right now at 602-899-5618 to find out how we can put it in front of all the right buyers. We use innovative and aggressive marketing techniques to make sure our clients’ homes sell quickly and for top dollar.
If you’re also looking for a new home in Scottsdale, check out all our Scottsdale real estate listings or look in specific communities:
- Bellasera homes for sale
- Desert Highlands homes for sale
- Gainey Ranch homes for sale
- Hidden Hills homes for sale
- Ironwood Village homes for sale
- Legend Trail homes for sale
- Pinnacle Peak homes for sale
- Silverleaf homes for sale
- Sincuidados homes for sale
- South Scottsdale homes for sale
- Stonegate homes for sale
- SunRidge Canyon homes for sale
- The Boulders homes for sale
- Winfield homes for sale
REALTOR® | Founder
The Matheson Team
RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255