Not all Scottsdale real estate companies are created equal – and if you’ve spent any time researching to sell your home in the area, you’ve probably discovered that there are a wide range of agents with varying qualification levels here.
But how do you find the best Scottsdale real estate company to list your home?
How to Find the Right Company – and the Right Agent – to List Your Home
When you’re listing your home for sale in Scottsdale, the company you choose matters. Some companies market homes better and more effectively than others do, and individual agents can make an even bigger difference.
First, narrow down your search for the right agent by company. Look for a company that has:
- A strong local presence
- Several high-end real estate listings in Scottsdale
- Marketing everywhere, including online and in print (if you recognize the company’s logo or name, it’s usually safe to say they’ve been pretty successful at marketing)
- Good reviews online and in person, so you can see what other people have experienced
Once you’ve chosen a company you can trust to represent your home and put it in front of the right buyers, it’s time to start interviewing agents.
Interview Questions to Ask Real Estate Agents During Listing Presentations
When you tell a Realtor® that you’re interested in listing your home, he or she will come to your house and show you how marketing, pricing and other aspects of a real estate transaction work. Each agent should have what’s called a listing presentation, which includes information on how he or she will market your house, as well as how much it’s most likely worth compared to other, similar homes. The Realtor will answer all your questions and do a quick walk-through of your home to get a more accurate value, and he or she will point out areas that you might need to improve in order to sell it quickly and at the right price.
While you’re talking to the agent, you’re free to ask as many questions as you’d like – so if something isn’t covered in the listing presentation, don’t feel funny about asking! Some interview questions you can ask include:
- How long have you been in real estate?
- What’s your best marketing technique?
- Do you have references I can call?
- How will we communicate?
- What is your commission?
- May I see your listing agreement?
- Is there anything else I should know before I decide which agent to hire?
A good Realtor will welcome your questions and provide answers you’re comfortable with. You can interview as many agents as you need to before you settle on one, too. Selling a home is one of the biggest transactions you’ll ever participate in, so it pays to do your homework and find the best possible company and agent.
Are You Selling a Home in Scottsdale?
We would love the opportunity to show you how we can market your home and get it in front of the right buyers. Call us at 480-351-5359 or contact a Scottsdale Realtor® online to schedule your appointment today.
While you’re here, check out our:
- Scottsdale townhomes and condos for sale
- Scottsdale homes for sale between $200,000 and $500,000
- Scottsdale homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Scottsdale homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Scottsdale homes for sale between $1 million and $2 million
- Scottsdale homes for sale between $2 million and $3 million
- Scottsdale homes for sale between $3 million and $5 million
- Scottsdale homes for sale over $5 million
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team
RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255