When you’re buying a home for sale in Scottsdale, check out these “rules” that will make the entire process easier on you and everyone else involved.
Home-Buying Rules You Need to Know When You’re Buying a Home for Sale in Scottsdale
Buying a home is an exciting step toward the next chapter in your life – so make sure you’re following these rules:
- Get your own Realtor®
- Don’t make an offer without preapproval from a lender
- Don’t skip out on home showing appointments
#1. Get your own Realtor.
When you find a home you love online (that’s where most people start their home searches), you can call the listing agent – but you’re better off getting your own agent to represent you. It’s totally fine if the agent that represents you works in the same office as the listing agent, but for your own sake, it’s best for you to hire an agent who represents you and only you (not the seller, too).
Here’s how it works. The listing agent – the real estate agent whose name appears under the house you love – is working for the seller. His or her primary duty is to the seller, which means that the agent has to serve the seller’s best interests. You’re the buyer, though, and that agent’s duty will always be to the seller first.
You need your own agent who represents you (and only you) in the transaction. Your own agent will look out for your best interests while the seller’s agent will look out for the seller’s best interests.
#2. Don’t make an offer without preapproval from a lender.
When you make an offer on a home, there’s a decent chance that the seller will accept it. When a seller accepts an offer, he or she will take the home off the market; that means other buyers won’t have a shot at buying it because it’s reserved for you.
Don’t make an offer without having a preapproval letter from your lender. That’s because the seller is taking the house off the market because he or she believes you will buy it – but what if funding never materializes because you can’t get loan approval? You’ll cause the seller to take the house off the market and potentially miss out on a sale from another buyer who has the funding to buy it.
That’s one reason that sellers reject offers, too, so you could be wasting your time. The seller wants to sell, but if you’re not preapproved, there’s no guarantee that you’ll even be able to get the financing to buy the home.
#3. Don’t skip out on home showing appointments.
When you make an appointment to see a home, show up – and don’t be late if you can help it. The seller is leaving the house so you can tour it freely, which causes a pretty big inconvenience. It’s also rough on your own agent, who cleared the time slot and will be at the home with you.
Are You Selling a Home in Scottsdale?
If you’re thinking about selling a home in Scottsdale, call us right now at 602-899-5618 to find out how we can put it in front of all the right buyers. We use innovative and aggressive marketing techniques to make sure our clients’ homes sell quickly and for top dollar.
If you’re also looking for a new home in Scottsdale, check out all our Scottsdale real estate listings or look in specific communities:
- Ancala homes for sale
- Bellasera homes for sale
- Cactus Corridor homes for sale
- DC Ranch homes for sale
- Desert Highlands homes for sale
- Desert Mountain homes for sale
- Eagle Mountain homes for sale
- Estancia homes for sale
- Firerock homes for sale
- Gainey Ranch homes for sale
- Grayhawk homes for sale
- Hidden Hills homes for sale
- Ironwood Village homes for sale
- Kierland homes for sale
- Legend Trail homes for sale
- McCormick Ranch homes for sale
- McDowell Mountain Ranch homes for sale
- Mirabel homes for sale
- Paradise Valley homes for sale
- Pima Acres homes for sale
- Pinnacle Peak homes for sale
- Pinnacle Peak Country Club homes for sale
- Scottsdale Country Club homes for sale
- Scottsdale Mountain homes for sale
- Scottsdale Ranch homes for sale
- Silverleaf homes for sale
- Sincuidados homes for sale
- South Scottsdale homes for sale
- Stonegate homes for sale
- SunRidge Canyon homes for sale
- Terravita homes for sale
- The Boulders homes for sale
- Troon North homes for sale
- Troon Village homes for sale
- Whisper Rock homes for sale
- Windgate Ranch homes for sale
- Winfield homes for sale
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team
RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255