Drop kick 2014 and welcome in 2015 with the 44th Annual VIZIO Fiesta Bowl at The University of Phoenix Stadium here in Glendale, Arizona. Mark your calendar for game day, Wednesday, December 31, 2014 when the Arizona Wildcats take on Boise State Bronco’s with kick off scheduled for 2:00 p.m. (MST).
With our own Wildcat’s taking the field, you can plan on a fun, spirited day of total mayhem!
But before you go, you may want to review the official guest welcome and guidelines covering just about everything you will want to know about game day—concessions, facilities, directions, parking, lost tickets, tailgating and alcohol, and much more.
The Fiesta Bowl is played every season at the University of Phoenix Stadium approximately 9 miles from downtown Phoenix. The Fiesta Bowl is one of the six central bowl games that make up the college football playoff.
For those football fans who love minutia, here are some Fiesta Bowl fast facts, to impress your friends:
- 2014 Winning Team: UCF
- Beginning in 1971, the VIZIO Fiesta Bowl was hosted at Sun Devil Stadium until 2006, and then it moved to the University of Phoenix Stadium
- Game MVP’s that have gone on to the NFL: Blake Bortles (UCF, 2014), Colt McCoy (Texas, 2009), A.J. Hawk (OSU, 2004 & 2006), Alex Smith (Utah, 2005), Tedy Bruschi (Arizona, 1994)
- Fiesta Bowl players that went on to have illustrious NFL careers: Dan Marino, Mark May, Tony Dorsett and Deion Sanders
- Longest Run in the Fiesta Bowl: In 2013, Oregon’s De’Anthony Thomas set the Fiesta Bowl record for the longest rushing touchdown in the history of the game, with a 94-yard run
- The following colleges have appeared in the Bowl six times: Penn State, ASU, Ohio State and Nebraska
- The Fiesta Bowl has featured teams from 9 different conferences: AAC, ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Big East, Pac-12, Mountain West, Independents and the SEC
Purchase your tickets for this year’s Fiesta Bowl.
Did you know? The stadium is one of the most high tech stadiums in the world and is the home of the Phoenix Cardinals. It’s retractable roof, and get this, natural grass field literally moves in and out of the stadium.
Looking for homes for sale in Scottsdale? Reach out to me at 480-351-5359 or fill out the contact form below to set up an appointment to view properties. Make ScottsdaleRealEstate your source for community and real estate information.