If you’re buying a home for sale in Scottsdale, you already know that there’s no shortage of fantastic attractions you can enjoy with family and friends – but let’s take a deep-dive into one of the area’s most amazing places to visit: Butterfly Wonderland.
About Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale
Butterfly Wonderland, located at 9500 East Via de Ventura in Scottsdale, right next to the aquarium, is the largest butterfly conservatory in the country. With more than 3,000 butterflies (and more hatching every day), this spectacular rainforest experience brings guests along for the ride on a butterfly’s life cycle journey. Living exhibits make this immersive experience a can’t-miss, whether you’re flying solo or you’re bringing a large group.
When you arrive, you’ll watch a 3D movie on where butterflies come from and where they end up – and you’ll follow a butterfly on her journey from North to South America and back again. You’ll see butterflies hatching from their cocoons in a nursery, and walk through the gardens where butterflies land on you and sit pretty for photographs. Then, explore the miniature aquarium and the Rainforest Reptile Exhibit to round out your experience.
Special Events at Butterfly Wonderland
Butterfly Wonderland holds several events throughout the year. Here’s what’s on-deck in March:
- March 8: Spring Butterfly Garden 101. This interactive event teaches you how to grow a spring butterfly garden that lasts all season.
- March 10 and March 11: Spring Plant Sale. Buy all the butterfly- and hummingbird-attracting plants you need for this spring. Plant prices range between $9.95 and $19.95.
- March 11: Bug Festival. The Bugfest is open to all ages, and no admission is required to attend. It’s located in the courtyard of OdySea in the Desert, and you’ll see cockroach races, insect petting zoos and so much more.
- March 16: Butterfly Brushstrokes Painting Class. Learn to paint beautiful butterflies with local artist Carla Keaton. It’s free for members and $20 for the general public, and it’s open to ages 12 and up. (Pre-register by calling 480-800-3000, extension 210.)
- March 24: Waking Up With Butterflies. This beautiful photographer-friendly event lasts an hour, and it’s timed to catch the butterflies as they wake up for the day. It’s open to ages 18 and up and is free for members; non-members pay $25. (Pre-register by calling 480-800-3000, extension 210.)
- March 20 and March 22: Yoga in the Rainforest. Practice yoga with the butterflies in an hour-long class that guides you through a series of traditional poses. This event is open to ages 18 and up and is free for members; non-members pay $20. (Pre-register by calling 480-800-3000, extension 210.)
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Scottsdale?
We can help you find your dream home in Scottsdale. We’ll even look for homes for sale near Butterfly Wonderland if you’d like.
Call us at 480-351-5359 or get in touch with us online to talk to a Scottsdale Realtor® about buying your next home in this spectacular city. In the meantime, check out our:
- Scottsdale Mountain homes for sale
- Sincuidados homes for sale
- Troon North homes for sale
- Whisper Rock homes for sale
- Winfield homes for sale
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team
RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255