If you’re buying a home for sale in Scottsdale, whether you’re already living in the area or you’re coming from out of town, you’re going to want to explore Old Town – it’s an amazing area with so much to do and see.
So what’s in Old Town Scottsdale? Here’s what you need to know.
About Old Town Scottsdale
The downtown area of Scottsdale, commonly called Old Town, is packed with restaurants, bars, lounges and clubs, so it’s the place to be if you’re looking for great nightlife – and during the day, it’s just as amazing. The area is teeming with great shops (most locally owned), art galleries and museums, and so much more.
The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art – SMOCA for short – is located in Old Town. It’s one of the Southwest’s most progressive modern art museums, featuring five galleries with revolving exhibits by artists from all over the world (including some in Scottsdale). There’s a fantastic outdoor sculpture garden, too.
Some of the best shopping experiences in Old Town include:
- Sphinx Date Ranch, where you can find delectable gourmet treats – including Arizona-grown Medjool dates, craft beer and more.
- Old Town Farmer’s Market, which is open on Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Bischoff’s Shades of the West, where the shelves are overflowing with Southwest souvenirs and tough-to-find décor.
- The Poisoned Pen, which is locals’ favorite bookstore. The shop holds about 200 book signings and author interviews each year, so there’s always someone to meet (and grab an autograph from).
Eating in Old Town is definitely an amazing experience. Locals love:
- Café Monarch, where you can have a fantastic dinner on the patio surrounded by fountains and evergreen vines.
- FNB, which offers farm-fresh, locally sourced meals on a seasonally rotating menu.
- The Mission, where you’ll enjoy modern Latin cuisine prepared by renowned Chef Matt Carter.
You’ll definitely have a night to remember whether you’re out celebrating or just letting your hair down – check out these local favorite clubs:
- Maya Day and Nightclub, which hosts celebrities and puts on amazing dance floor shows.
- The Mint, which occupies a 7,000-square-foot building for drinking, dancing and mingling. The Mint also has open-air cabanas outside so you can enjoy your time there even more.
- Rockbar, Inc., where you’ll find live music and great DJs. The rooftop bar there has amazing views of the city, and they’re open 365 days a year.
- Kazimierz World Wine Bar, where you can choose from more than 1,500 varieties of amazing wines and listen to soft jazz music all night.
Are You Looking for Real Estate Near Old Town Scottsdale?
Call us at 480-351-5359 or get in touch with us online to talk to a Scottsdale Realtor® about buying a home for sale near Old Town Scottsdale. In the meantime, check out our:
- Scottsdale Mountain homes for sale
- Sincuidados homes for sale
- Troon North homes for sale
- Whisper Rock homes for sale
- Winfield homes for sale
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team
RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255