Selling a luxury home in Scottsdale is quite a bit different from selling any other type of real estate – and there are five things you can do to help your Scottsdale Realtor® sell yours quickly and at the right price:
- Enthrall prospective buyers with curb appeal
- Give your guests a bright, welcoming environment
- Bring the outdoors inside
- Define every room in the home
- Go for a spa-like feel in the lavatories
5 Things You Can Do to Sell Your Luxury Home in Scottsdale
Your real estate agent will walk you through several improvements you can make before you list your home, but there are five things you can do long before you list. Get a head start by following these five tips.
1. Enthrall Prospective Buyers With Curb Appeal
The first impression prospective buyers get is when they pull into your driveway, so it needs to be a good one. Your real estate agent will walk you through improvements you may need to make long before your home hits the market, but here some of the basics you can do on your own:
- Hire professional landscapers to trim, prune and arrange the plants you have outdoors
- Have someone pressure-wash your driveway and sidewalks (but don’t pressure-wash the outside of your home – it can cause more harm than good!)
- Add window boxes brimming with flowers beneath perfectly streak-free windows
- Replace the mailbox
- Put out a fresh welcome mat
- Replace tired house numbers with beautiful new ones
- Light up the porch and front walkway
(Get 3 Curb Appeal Tips From the Pros here.)
2. Give Your Guests a Bright, Welcoming Environment
Pull back all the drapes, throw open the windows (if the weather’s nice), and turn on all the lights. The more natural light you can let in, the better – and your guests will appreciate being able to see everything they came to see.
Leave a stylish, lined basket of chilled bottled water out for potential buyers. You can also leave pre-wrapped treats in a bowl near the door (Ghirardelli chocolates always go over well). A little bit of hospitality goes a long way when you’re selling a luxury home.
3. Bring the Outdoors Inside
Fresh-cut flowers or live plants can improve any environment, so bring in what you can to complement your home and make prospective buyers feel better. They’ll be able to immerse themselves in your home’s spectacular ambiance.
Keep flowers or live plants in these rooms:
- Entryway or foyer
- Dining room
Don’t overdo it, though. You don’t want prospective buyers to feel like you’re a plant-hoarder or they’re on a nature walk as they tour your home. Limit yourself to no more than a few plants per area.
4. Define Every Room in the Home
You’re not only selling a house – you’re selling its potential. It’s your job to emphasize the luxury lifestyle potential in every space. If you have a spare room, transform it into a guest bedroom or home office; if your basement is finished and full of awkward space, turn it into a yoga studio or media room. Every room must have a purpose, even if you’ve previously used it as a catch-all for exercise equipment, storage or a place to stash items you can’t put elsewhere.
If you have a catch-all room, your best bet is to rent a storage unit and put whatever’s in it away until you move.
5. Go for a Spa-Like Feel in the Lavatories
Statistically, luxury buyers look for bathrooms that feel like spas. That means you need to set the tone in each lavatory in your home – clear out your personal toiletries and replace them with high-end soap, brand-new, plush white towels. (Pro tip: Put all your personal toiletries in a basket when they’re not in use. When your agent lets you know you have a showing, whisk them out to your car with you.)
Every facet of your bathrooms needs to gleam. Replace shower curtains, clean shower doors until they’re sparkling and replace old tile. Pedestal sinks are “in” for small bathrooms because they create more space – and even small bathrooms need to exude luxury.
Are You Selling a Luxury Home in Scottsdale?
When you’re selling a luxury home in Scottsdale, you need to work with a Realtor® who has experience in the market – not just any agent has what it takes to market to high-income buyers.
Start by finding out how much your home is worth. Then, schedule an appointment with one of our luxury real estate specialists. We’ll talk to you about how we’ll aggressively market your home using all the right tools – including 3D virtual tours, high-resolution photography and more – so we can attract all the right buyers.
If you’re also searching for a new home for sale in Scottsdale, check out our:
- Bellasera real estate listings
- Cactus Corridor real estate listings
- Desert Mountain real estate listings
- Kierland real estate listings
- Mirabel real estate listings
- Silverleaf real estate listings
- SunRidge Canyon real estate listings
- Troon North real estate listings
- Winfield real estate listings
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team
RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255