Are you looking for things to do on Thanksgiving Day in Scottsdale? While you are waiting for the turkey to cook, you have lots of options. Here are 6 suggestions:
1. Watch a Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade started 90 years ago, in 1924 and has become a Thanksgiving tradition. More than 44 million families watch the parade each year and 3.5 million are stacked along the parade route. It is hosted by NBC (Matt Lauer and Al Roker this year) and televised from 9:00 am - Noon in Arizona. INSIDER TIP: CBS broadcasts the parade live which means you can catch it on our local CBS affiliate, Channel 5, starting at 7:00 am. There are lots of new floats this year!
- The Fountain Hills Thanksgiving Day Parade started in 1988, an idea from a transplanted Detroit native who missed Detroit's (almost as famous) turkey day parade. While you won't find Matt Lauer in Fountain Hills, you will find local celebrity, Sheriff Joe Arpaio with his wife, Ava, and a full police escort in tow. The parade starts at 9:00 am from the fountain, which happens to be the highest reaching fountain in the world!
3. Go to the Arizona International Auto Show.
The show starts at 9:00 am Thanksgiving Day. Over 33 brands are participating and road-tests are available for 100 models. Walking around the Phoenix Convention Center is another great way to work up an appetite for turkey dinner!
4. Go to Jester Z Improv.
Did you know that for every 15 minutes of laughter you burn 10-40 calories? Join this locally proven comedy club for their special Thanksgiving Day performance. The show is appropriate for all members of the family - it's truly improv. The show starts at 6:00 and ends around 7:30 this means you can burn as many as 240 calories!
5. Check out Phoenix Zoo Lights. The Phoenix Zoo is lights, one of the best light displays in the country, were lit up yesterday for the holiday season. You can catch them until January 11th. There are 3.8 MILLION lights, 700 sparkling displays and many special activities for the family. Yes, they are open on Thanksgiving Day.
6. Take a hike in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. The preserve has trails for hiking and biking with options for easy and extreme experiences. Every member of your family, including Fido, can come out for a hike.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and friends. We are thankful for our clients and the readers of our Scottsdale Real Estate Blog
, and we hope to continue to serve all your real estate needs in the future.
are your go-to resource for community information, events and homes for sale in Scottsdale
. Reach out to me at (480) 351-5359
, or use the contact form below, when you're ready to buy or sell a home in the Scottsdale area.