How to Register Your Kids for School in Scottsdale

How to Register Your Kids for School in Scottsdale

  • 07/2/18
If you’re a parent buying a home for sale in Scottsdale, you’ll need to register your kids for school – and here’s how.

How to Register Your Kids for School in Scottsdale

There are 41 public and charter elementary schools, 22 middle schools and 19 high schools in Scottsdale, and while some schools may require additional paperwork, the general enrollment and registration process is the same.
If you’re outside the Scottsdale Unified School District, or SUSD, you may be able to choose a school for your child to attend; you might also be eligible to switch schools within the district. If you make this type of request, the district will base its decision on the school’s grade and program capacity – and in many cases, this happens during the prior school year.
If you have never registered your child in Scottsdale schools, you’ll have to register on the district’s website as a parent (you can do that here).
The first step in the process is completing enrollment documents online. Once that’s done, you must bring required documentation to your child’s school campus. You must finalize your child’s enrollment in person, at the school.

Documents You Need to Register Your Child in Scottsdale Schools

In addition to the online registration documents, you need the following documents to register your child for school in Scottsdale public schools:
  • A certified copy of your child’s birth certificate (if you don’t have a birth certificate, you need an affidavit explaining why you can’t provide a copy of it.
  • Current immunization records from your doctor)
  • Proof of residency
  • Your state-issued photo ID
  • A withdrawal form if your child was previously enrolled in an Arizona school
  • Guardianship or custody documentation if it applies to your child

Residency Requirements

Under Arizona law, schools must obtain and maintain verifiable documentation of your residency. You have to provide it each time you enroll in a new school district and reaffirm it each year that your child is enrolled. Some things that count for verification are:
  • A parent or guardian’s ID with an address and photo
  • Arizona motor vehicle registration
  • Bank or credit card statement
  • Certificate of tribal enrollment or other ID that’s issued by a recognized tribe
  • Mortgage documents
  • Payroll stub
  • Property deed
  • Property tax bill
  • Rental agreement or lease
  • U.S. passport
  • Utility bill
  • W-2 wage statement
  • Other documentation from a state, tribal or federal agency, such as the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration or another agency
If you can’t provide any of those documents because you don’t maintain your own residence, you must complete and sign a form that says so – and you must submit a notarized affidavit that has the name of the person with whom you live and a document that verifies it from the list here.

Follow Us on Instagram


Bringing together a team with the passion, dedication, and resources to help our clients reach their buying and selling goals. With you every step of the way.