Lake Pleasant, Bartlett Lake, Saguaro Lake – living here in the desert we are surrounded by water! It’s perfect weather for boating, but before you head out to the lake with family and friends, why not brush up on your boating safety?
There are a variety of Boating Safety Education classes offered, some even free of charge, by the Arizona Game and Fish Department, while others sponsored by the Coast Guard Auxiliary and the U.S. Power Squadron range from $20 – $30 depending on the location.
Here are a few boating safety tips to remember:
Before you go out on the water –
- Check the weather forecast and plan for any unexpected changes.
- Load the life jackets, and make sure there’s one for everybody on board.
- Notify neighbors or family members of your plans.
- Recharge the fire extinguisher and put it on board.
Before heading out, you’ll also want to check out your boat that may have been stored or sitting for an extended period of time:
- Are the steering, throttle and light controls working properly?
- Do you have any fuel or oil leaks?
- Do you have a fully charged battery?
- Are your hoses crack-free and your hose clamps tight?
- Is your ignition safety switch and wrist lanyard in working order?
Ready? Head out and enjoy one of the absolute joys that Arizona has to offer: fun on the lakes!
If you are looking for real estate in Scottsdale, AZ, contact The Matheson Team at 602-694-3200 or fill out the form below.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
602-694-3200 or 888-656-4830