Having your home in the best possible condition can put more money in your pocket when you go to sell. Before the buyers arrive, there are a few simple steps you can take that may help you maximize the value of your home.
Here are 7 things you should do to get your home ready to sell:
- Place a fresh welcome mat at the front door and hang a potted plant from a hook near the front of the house to create an inviting space.
- De-clutter the property. Remove unnecessary objects from tables, shelves, and countertops and store toiletries out of sight when you are done using them.
- Clean out and organize all closets. Not only will your move be easier, but this showcases your home’s storage space.
- Make sure all carpets and hardwood floors are professionally cleaned and vacuumed daily. Replace worn carpet and make sure the floors are ready for guests.
- Perform yard maintenance to give the best possible first impression. Mow the lawn, trim plants and trees, and sweep the sidewalk and driveway.
- Professionally clean all windows and have them repaired if necessary.
- Make a detailed list of impressive features about your home that make it more valuable, as well as the benefits of your home’s location.
For more tips on maximizing your home’s value, contact your local real estate experts from The Matheson Team today.