If your kids have an open week in their schedule take a look at what’s happening at Taliesin, the Frank Lloyd Wright Architectural Laboratory in North Scottsdale. There are programs for kids, ages 8-18, designed to inspire their natural creativity and imagination.
To book a reservation call (888) 516-0811. Camps Include:
1. Architectural Discovery – $275 Half-day sessions; explore Wright’s most famous architectural concepts; build abstract art pieces; and discover the magical patterns in nature.
- July 14-18 (9:00 am-Noon)
- August 11-15 (1:00 – 4:00 pm)
2. Ceramics & Pottery – $750 Two week Camp where students get an understanding of techniques and form working by hand, with a potter’s wheel as well as slab and sculpture. Grades 7-12:
- August 4-15 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
3. Design Your Dream Space – $400 Participants become architects using art, math, science, language, and new technology to create innovative spaces.
- July 7-11 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
- June 30-July 4 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
- August 4-8 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
Grades 7-12 (Advanced Level):
- July 28-August 1 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
4. Figurative Sculpture – $750 Working with water-based ceramic clay and oil-based, non-fired clay, participants investigate human and other natural forms. Experience required. Grades 7-12:
- July 7-18 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
5. Photographing Wright – $300 Architecture of Taliesin West is the setting for a weeklong photographic journey where students learn how to take control of the camera using aperture, shutter speed and ISO; applying creative approaches to composition, image framing and light and shadow challenges. Students must provide their own manual camera. Grades 7-12:
- July 7-11 (8:00 am-Noon)
- August 4-8 (8:00 am-Noon)
6. Wright for the Future – $400 Students grapple with real world challenges: global warming, pollution, trends in energy and communication technologies, advancements in construction methods, and new modes of transportation while design the ideal city 100 years from now. Grades 6-12:
- July 21-25 (9:00 am-3:00 pm)
Programs like these are just another reason why Scottsdale is a great place to live. If you are looking to move to Scottsdale, or have a home in Scottsdale that you would like to sell, contact The Matheson Team, your Scottsdale Real Estate Experts at 602-694-3200 or by filling in our contact form below.
CONTACT US for information on buying or selling a home in Scottsdale.